Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: micro-PC project

  1. #1
    Luigi
    Guest Luigi's Avatar

    Post

    Hello Werner,

    Can I also connect the micro-PC with the computer via a LAN switch, instead of the crosscable?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Luigi,

    that's possible too and makes no difference.

    Note:
    My English page 'Micro PC' will probaly be available during the next week :-)

  3. #3
    Luigi
    Guest Luigi's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Werner. I did the micro PC project with my pentium 1 to my pentium 4, 2.0 Ghz, following the instructions from your site. Until now it worked. The pentium 1 appears on the screen of the Pentium 4 with VNC viewer. When I try to read with the Pentium 1 from the Pentium 4 CDROM everything keeps hanging. Do you maybe know what I should do to solve this?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Luigi

    Perhaps you can solve this problem if you install on both computers the ASPI driver (actual: Rev. 4.72) from Adaptec.
    If you want to I can send you this driver.

    Good luck
    Werner

  5. #5
    Luigi
    Guest Luigi's Avatar

    Post

    I installed the latest adaptec drivers on both computers, but still the micro-PC hangs when I try to read form the main PC CD-ROM. Also everything I do on the micro-PC is quite slow (or is that normal when using VNC viewer).

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've made a test with my own little network (2 PCs; both Win98 SR1) and I had no problems to access the CD-ROM drive of the Master PC
    via VNC Viewer (from the Micro PC).

    So unfortunately I don't know a solution, but there was already a second guy reporting this problem!

    Good news:
    My English page of 'Project Micro PC EWS' is now available online!
    The URL is http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/welcomeewst.html
    Please check all your settings (Network, Sharing...) with the settings descibed on my new page.
    Perhaps you can solve your problem like this.

    Regards
    Werner

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was reading the micro-pc information and came up with an idea.
    If the micro-pc is not directly being used, you could take the video card out after everything is working. This will reduce noise some more.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What kind of soundcard is everyone using for their sp/dif in on the masterPC? I may try this, but I do not have a card that has the proper connections. Which means I have to go get one to make this all work. Any suggestions?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Werner_O's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Beta

    1. You idea to remove the video card after the installation of the micro PC doesn't work:
    Without video card the micro PC won't boot any longer!

    2. The sound card of the master PC should have a Dig In, which is able to synchronize to 44,1 and 48 kHz AND DOESN'T REFUSE DIGITAL SIGNALS WITH SCMS-COPYBIT SET!
    Note: The Dig Outs of the EWS64 always send this SCMS-Copybit.
    My recommendation:
    At least the TerraTec DMX 6fire 24/96 or higher
    (RME sound cards ... Cremaware Pulsar ;-)

    Regards
    Werner

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Beta-Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are right, I forgot that PC need the video card in to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •